What is the cost of software service? It depends on how much help you need!
Whether your company requires a little help or a lot of help depends on many factors such as:
- The complexity of the software
- The complexity of your business
- How much you choose to customize or deviate from the standard package
- How quickly you expect to implement the entire system
- The experience and skill of your staff
- Which tasks you will assume and which are delegated to the vedor
- Willingnes of your senior management to remain involved and in control of the project
Most businesses implementing a comprehensive, integrated system should expect to invest two to three times as much for services as on the software license fees for the initial implementation. And of course ongoing services will be needed over time as your needs change and software upgrades become available that will benefit you.
What is the value of software service? In a word, it is invaluable!
Your initial implementation will be successful to the extent you:
- Choose the right software
- Set realistic expectations
- Plan thoroughly
- Manage the project carefully
In addition, partnering with a professional support organization with the experience and character to guide you responsibly will make the difference between success and failure, satisfaction and disappointment.
One thing is certain, after the implementation when you need help you will want to know that expert help is available in a timely manner, whether your issue is easily resolved or more difficult.
How can I evaluate software companies?
- They should listen more than they talk.
- They should help you define your problems and prioritize them.
- They should helpl you set realistic goals.
- They will not promise the moon.
- They will describe how they will work with you to control and minimize your costs, rather than mislead you by quoting a low "fixed price" that in reality is just a block of hours.
- Evaluate their experience.
- Check their references.
- Be certain you will be comfortable working closely with them for a long time.
What are Carolina Cipher's credentials?
If you would like a free consultation, contact Carolina Cipher now!
- Ask us to call you for a phone conversation
- Ask us to schedule a free professional needs analysis
- Ask us to send you our useful and informative monthly e-newsletter